- Download a paper by clicking on its reference -
- “Experiments in Physics” (with Allan Franklin), Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- “Experiments in Physics”, Oxford Bibliographies (Philosophy), Oxford University Press, DOI: 10.1093/OBO/9780195396577-0214.
History and philosophy of cosmology
- "Alternative Explanations of the Cosmic Microwave Background: A Historical and an Epistemological Perspective", with Milan M. Ćirković, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, 62, 1-18, 2018.
Epistemology of experimentation in High Energy Physics
- "Egalitarian Paradise or Factory Drudgery? Organizing Knowledge in High Energy Physics (HEP) Laboratories", Social Epistemology, Vol. 32 (4), 241-261, 2018. - For the preprint click here
- "When Should We Stop Investing in a Scientific Project? The Halting Problem in Experimental Physics." (with V. Sikimic and S. Radovanovic), Empirical Research in Psychology Conference Proceedings, Institute for Psychology and Laboratory for Experimental Psychology, University of Belgrade, 2018.
- "Experimenter's Regress Argument, Empiricism, And the Calibration of the Large Hadron Collider," Synthese, Vol. 194 (2): 313-332, 2017.
- "Optimal Research Team Composition: Data Envelopment Analysis of Fermilab Experiments" (with S. Radovanovic, V. Sikimic and A. Berber), Scientometrics, Vol. 108, Issue 1, pp 83-111, 2016.
- 'What Makes a Good Experiment?' (with Allan Franklin), Theoria (Spain), Vol. 30, No2, 2015.
- “Missing Experimental Challenges to the Standard Model of Particle Physics”, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Vol. 42, 32-42, 2011.
- A paperback book (in Serbian) on the history and epistemology of high energy labs and the discovery of the Higgs boson published in 2015 by Helix.
Philosophy of biology
- Symmetry breaking and functional incompleteness in biological systems, with Andrej Korenić, Milan Ćirković, Paul-Antoine Miquel, Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology, forthcoming. [click for preprint]
- The complexity-based explanatory strategy, biological levels, and the origin of life, Rivista di Estetica, 69/3, 2018.
- «Causes and Entities in Biology», in G. Bianco, O. Švec, C. Jeler , A. François, I. Vuković, eds., French Epistemology, Erraphis - University of Toulouse, and Institute for Philosophy, University of Belgrade, 2014.
- "The rebirth of the morphogenetic field as an explanatory tool in biology," Filozofija i drustvo, 24(4), 181-198, 2013.
- “Fine-Tuning Nativism: ‘Nurtured Nature’ and Innate Cognitive Structures” (with L. Radenovic), Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, Vol, 10, Number 3, 399-417, 2011.
- “Gene’s Action and Reciprocal Causation” (with Paul-Antoine Miquel), Foundations of Science, Vol. 16, February 1, 31-46, 2011.
- “The Limitations of Kim’s Reductive Physicalism in Accounting for Living Systems and an Alternative Nonreductionist Ontology,” Acta Biotheoretica, Vol. 55 (September), 243-267, 2007.
History and philosophy of quantum mechanics
- "Niels Bohr's Complementarity and Quantum Tunneling" in H. Folse and J. Faye eds., Niels Bohr and the Philosophy of Physics: Twenty-First Century Perspectives, Bloomsbury, 2017. (link for the preprint) (review of the book)
- “Emergence of Complementarity and the Baconian Roots of Niels Bohr’s Method,” Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 44 (3): 162-173, 2013.
- “Why Were Matrix Mechanics and Wave Mechanics Considered Equivalent?”, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Vol. 39, 444-461, 2008. (The paper highlighted in Nature Physics 4, 349, 2008)
- “Why Were Two Logically Distinct Theories Deemed Equivalent in Quantum Mechanics?”, First Annual Conference in the Foundations and History of Quantum Physics, Max Planck Institute for History of Science Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, 2008.
- “Schrödinger’s Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics and the Relevance of Bohr’s Experimental Critique,” Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Vol. 37/2, pp. 275-297, 2006.
- “A Recent Revival of Schrödinger’s Ideas on Interpreting Quantum Mechanics, and Their Early Experimental Critique,” Khrennikov, A., ed., Foundations of Probability and Physics – 3, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings Series, 750, pp. 316-21, February 2005.
- “Schrödinger’s and Everett’s Interpretations of Quantum Mechanics” in Khrennikov, A., ed., Quantum Theory: Reconsideration of Foundations – 2. Mathematical Modeling in Physics, Engineering and Cognitive Science, Växjo: Växjo University Press, V.10, pp. 747-67, 2003. - For the preprint click here.
- Philosophy of Science
- British Journal for the Philosophy of Science
- European Journal for the Philosophy of Science
- International Studies in Philosophy of Science
- Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics
- Foundations of Physics
- Progress in Biophysics and Molecular Biology
- Frontiers in Physiology
- Philosophy and Technology
Review essays and book reviews
- “Seeking Depth in Science” (M. Strevens, “Depth: An Account of Scientific Explanation,” Harvard University Press, 2008), Philosophy of Social Sciences, 42 (4), 561-572, 2012.
- “Scientific Revolutions Revisited” (F. Weinert, “Copernicus, Darwin, & Freud: Revolutions in the History and Philosophy of Science”, Wiley-Blackwell, 2009), Philosophy of Social Sciences, Vol. 40(3), 523-29, 2010.
- “Following in Schrödinger’s footsteps “ (Lars Göran Johansson, Interpreting Quantum Mechanics: A Realistic View in Schrödinger’s Vein, Ashgate, 2007), Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Vol. 29, 694-699, 2008.
- D. Kutach, “Causation and Its Basis in Fundamental Physics”, International Journal for Philosophy of Science, 28(3), 347-349.
- G. Gutting, “What Philosophers Know: Case Studies in Recent Analytic Philosophy”, Cambridge University Press, 2009, Studies in History and Philosophy of Life Sciences, Vol. 33 (3).
- N. Maxwell, “Is Science Neurotic?” London: Imperial College Press, 2004, The British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, 58/2, pp. 361-363, 2007.
- F. Remedios, “Legitimizing Scientific Knowledge: Introduction to Steve Fuller’s Social Epistemology,” Lexington Books, 2003, Dialogue, Vol. XLVI (3), 620-622, 2007.
- B. Ellis, “The Philosophy of Nature: A Guide to the New Essentialism,” Montreal: McGill&Queen’s University Press, 2001, Philosophy in Review, April 2004.